CFDE Publications & Podcasts
The CFDE produces a range of publications and other media designed to support the development of Emory faculty and to enrich the intellectual community of the campus.
Print & Electronic
- The Academic Exchange is a forum for Emory faculty work, life, and thought. A print publication, issued twice per year, it consists of faculty-written opinion essays around a single theme per issue—a topic of importance in Emory’s intellectual community. The Academic Exchange website provides original content, including podcasts and other multimedia features, not found in the print publication. All issues of the Academic Exchange are available from the AE website.
- ThoughtWork is a weekly electronic bulletin of emerging knowledge and news in Emory's intellectual community. Every Monday morning, subscribers receive news and updates of key relevance to Emory faculty life, short profiles of faculty winners of awards and distinctions and prominent faculty publications, brief quotes from campus events, valuable resources for faculty, new faculty profiles, and a detailed events calendar. Click here to subscribe.
- Council Concerns is an electronic-only update of activities and issues before the Emory University Faculty Council. The Faculty Council comprises elected and appointed members representing all schools of the university. The Council is the main governance body for issues around academic affairs and faculty concerns. It provides faculty comment and perspective to the administrators responsible for a broad range of work in the university. All issues of Council Concerns, as well as subscription information, are available on the Council Concerns blog.
- Liberal Arts Forward is a blog the provides updates on news and issues from the Commission on the Liberal Arts at Emory. Click here to view the blog.
- The Academic Exchange YouTube Channel carries many video interviews on topics around the intellectual life of Emory
- The Academic Exchange Interactive Supplementary Editions are produced between print issues of the AE to enhance selected content with interactive and multimedia features. The supplementary editions are ePubs available for the iPad device through the Apple iBookstore. Currently the books can only be viewed on an iPad using iBooks 2 or later. iOS 5 or later is required.
Winter 2013 Edition
Summer 2012 Edition
A rich resource of audio and video podcasts is maintained on the CFDE iTunesU site.
Click here to preview and download the podcasts.
- Public Scholarship On the Screen and Behind the Podium: Sissel McCarthy
- Public Scholarship On the Screen and Behind the Podium: Frans de Waal
- Public Scholarship On the Screen and Behind the Podium: Dorothy Brown
- Public Scholarship as Professional Capital: Pamela Scully
- Public Scholarship as Professional Capital: Claire Sterk
- Public Scholarship as Professional Capital: Michael Leo Owens
- Developing Inquiry in Courses Across the Curriculum
- Faculty Connect Presentations 3-28-12
- Teaching for Learning: An Evidence-Based Examination of Key Pedagogical Concepts
- Interdisciplinarity for the Disciplines
- Creativity Through the Life Cycle-The Visual Arts & Teaching
- Tenure & Promotion, Part 3-Advice for Social Scientists
- Tenure & Promotion, Part 2-Advice for Humanists
- Tenure & Promotion, Part 1-Advice for Scientists
- Thinking About a Teaching Portfolio
- Grading and Grade Inflation
- Authoring Advocacy: Ann Connor
- Plagiarism and the Internet
- Millennial Learners: How They Learn, How We Teach
- Civil Discourse in the HumanitiesCopyright Trends and their Implications for the Classroom
- Authoring Advocacy: Art Kellermann
- Authoring Advocacy: Liz Bounds
- Student Professionalism Across The University
- Identity and the Internet
- Civil Discourse in the Health Sciences
- Accuracy or Fluency? Responding to ESL Student Writing
- Wikipedia and its (Dis)contents
- Race in the Classroom
- Civil Discourse and Addressing Differences in the Classroom
- Eugene Bianchi: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Ani Satz's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Roberto Franzosi's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Lori Marino's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Katherine Mitchell's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Gregory Berns's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative
- Andra Gillespie's Story: The Challenges of Staying Creative