CFDE Classroom Mini-grant Proposals for Fall 2017
The Center for Faculty Development and Excellence offers The Classroom Mini Grants program to support faculty teaching. We are now accepting applications until Friday, April 28, 2017, for Fall semester 2017.
A Classroom Mini Grant should be used for an activity directly related to a class you are teaching during the Fall 2017 semester. Anyone currently teaching at Emory is eligible, including tenure track faculty, lecturers, adjunct faulty, visiting faculty and graduate students. Preference will be given to teachers who have not received past grants and for new course offerings. Only one application per faculty member, per semester. Only one application per class (that is, co-teachers can’t both apply for the same class). The request can be up to $300.
This Fund supports
- Honoraria for guest presenters (non-Emory)
- Food and travel expenses for off campus class visits
- Classroom materials that may not be covered by regular departmental funds.
- We do not fund the purchase of technological hardware (computers, voice recorders, iPads, etc.)
- Applicants must either have their own Smartkey/Speedtype account or be connected to a department with a Smartkey/Speedtype account
- Applicants must also participate in assessment of the program, which may include online evaluations or focus groups.
To apply, please follow this link to be taken to the online application form.
Money will be transferred at the beginning of the new semester (early September 2017).