An Informal Faculty Panel Discussion
Co-sponsored with the K-Club*
Monday, March 20, 2017
Noon to 1:00 pm
Center for Ethics Commons (Room 102)
Rejection and failure are unavoidable aspects of an academic career. But rejection can also be an essential byway on the road to success. Failure can make us stronger and smarter. In this panel, senior faculty from across the university will talk about the grants they didn’t get, the book contract that fell through, roadblocks they ran into when writing and/or researching—and what they gained from those frustrations. Hear their stories and learn how they kept from from getting discouraged.
- Carlos Del Rio, Hubert Professor and Chair of the Department of Global Health at the Rollins School of Public Health, Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Emory University School of Medicine, Program Director of the Emory AIDS International Training and Research Program, and co-Director of the Emory Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- Sandra Dunbar, Professor of Nursing and Associate Dean for Academic Advancement, School of Nursing
- Carla Freeman, Professor of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Senior Associate Dean for Faculty, Emory College
- Gregory Waymire, Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Accounting, Goizueta Business School
A light lunch will be provided. Please RSVP to attend in person or remotely by Thursday, March 16 at this link.
* To learn more about K-Club: