The course covers
- best practices for and methodology behind online teaching
- instructional design
- tools and technologies
- Emory resources for online education.
The content focuses on
- teaching using a learning management system
- developing learning objectives and assessments for the online environment
- pedagogically sound course design
- synchronous and asynchronous communication techniques
- building an online community.
Participants must have a computer with Internet access, webcam, and a headset/microphone.
It is highly recommended that participants complete a Canvas 101 training prior to taking EFOT.
Faculty who complete the course will receive a letter of accomplishment from the CFDE.
For questions or more information, contact Stephanie Parisi, Assistant Director of Online Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 404-727-0872.
*EFOT is also available for graduate students. For more information about EFOT for TAs, please contact Stephanie Parisi.
Fill out this Google form by April 30th. Enrollment is limited to 15.
Not ready to enroll, but have questions? Email Stephanie Parisi, Assistant Director of Online Education at email@example.com or call at 404-727-0872.
*A second iteration of this course will be offered simultaneously for graduate students. For questions on the TA EFOT, please contact Jordan Stewart-Rozema at firstname.lastname@example.org.